PuTTY Installation and Use PuTTy
PuTTy Installation and Use
1) Download PuTTy, a free implementation of Telnet with a terminal emulator. You can download it at this link. A window should pop up asking if you want to make changes. Press “yes” and wait for PuTTy to install.
2) Once installed, click the start menu and search for: “PuTTy-SSH” and open the program.
3) Under Connection Type: Click the “Serial” radio button.
4) Change COM number to COM Port “Gadget Serial” as specified in the Device Manager.
5) On the left hand side of the Window look for: Category, expand Connection, and find Serial. Double check the following settings.
- Speed(baud): 1152020
- Data Bits: 8
- Stop bits: 1
- Parity: None
- Flow Control None
6) (Optional) – Click back to ‘Session’ on the left and enter a name in the 'Saved Sessions' bar and then hit 'Save' button to save sessions for easy re-open later.
7) At the bottom right of the window, click the open button